Thank you for joining the Hot Topics call. If you were unable to make the meeting or want to review the information shared, please find the recording HERE.
Agenda and Summary:
- Discussion: January State TA Day Q/A
- Questions/concerns on upcoming OEC contract amendments and reporting?
- Questions/concerns on PDG?
- Discussion: Early Milestones Workforce Innovation Grants
- Additional information on this funding opportunity can be found HERE.
- Discussion: Issues or TA items for ECCLA to recommend for the next State TA Webinar?
- Suggestions included: CSQI increase allocation rather than redirect leftover funds to other priorities, regular updates on PDG.
- Send any suggestions to Rick or Heather by 2/18/19
- Advocacy: Not too late to sign up to support 3 bills and Gov’s FDK proposal
- HB 19-1052: Empower Local Communities to Collaborate for the Delivery of Early Childhood Services
- SB 19-063: Infant and Family Child Care Strategic Action Plan Bill
- HB 19-1005: Early Childhood Educator Tax Credit Bill
- Fact sheets are attached.
- Full Day K Analysis (attached)
- ECCLA has a blog post with links to each bill's legislative page for updates: https://ecclacolorado.org/eccla-and-councils-support-early-childhood-legislation/
- Update: Council Impact Tool
Rick is currently working on 5 things:
- Reviewing notes from the January membership meeting
- Checking all Councils CIT’s for errors or questions (just sent out the last emails this morning)
- Preparing for Friday’s Data and Evaluation Committee meeting
- Creating simple data sharing draft survey/document
- Creating a draft fundraiser report
- Reminder: Colorado Health Foundation Caregiver Resources Grant
- Information on the funding announcement can be found HERE.
- Reminder: 2018 ECCLA Membership Survey
- Heather emailed a link to the survey on 2/4/19. The survey is due by 2/28. Click HERE for the membership survey.
- QI Preferred Vendors - Margaret Scruggs, Denver's Early Childhood Council
- Margaret discussed changes and updates to the preferred vendors. The documents she discussed are attached.
- Council Announcements/Questions?
- JBC Committee Public Comment Access: 2019 Legislative Session updates can be found HERE.
- RFP from the Office of Early Childhood for Communications to Maximize Parent Choice and Knowledge PDG (attached)
The next Hot Topics call is March 18, 2019 at 11:00 am. The call was moved back one week due to the Rocky Mountain Early Childhood Conference 2019.
Heather Hanna, MPA
Director of Membership and Communication
Early Childhood Council Leadership Alliance (ECCLA)