Thank you for a fantastic two-days together in Colorado Springs last week! As promised, I’m following up with all the materials and resources shared. Since there are several files, I’m unable to attach the documents to this email. Even compiled into a zip folder it’s way too large to send as an attachment. All the materials and handouts are accessible in a Google Drive folder HERE. Below are links to additional resources mentioned by the presenters. If you have any questions or issues accessing these materials, please reach out to me directly.
- Early Childhood Workforce Trends, Innovation, and Leadership in Colorado – Slides from Denver and Larimer. We will have Lucinda provide an update about her project soon!
- Data and Storytelling – Slides and Handout
- Early Childhood Policy and Advocacy in Colorado – CHSDA Slides, CCI Overview, and CCI 2019 Legislative Issues
- Building Your Case For Support – Presentation Slides, Cooking up a Case Statement Handout
- Ann and Leslie also mentioned the resources on their website www.frontrangesource.com. There are three sample case statements under Resources – FREE Tools for You – Telling Your Story (mid-way down the page).
- Colorado’s Election: Ripples for Early Childhood Statewide and Locally – Presentation Slides and Advocacy Toolkit
- Riley with the Colorado Children’s Campaign provided the newly released Advocates Toolkit. The toolkit can be downloaded HERE.
- Excellence in Nonprofit Board Governance: Oversight and Sustainability Success – Presentation Slides. All of the handouts, plus MANY more provided by Emily Davis can be downloaded.
Additionally, attached are the documents shared from ECCLA, which are a result of our shared messaging efforts over the last year: 1) Core Functions and Council Map; 2) ECCLA Fact Sheet; and 3) ECCLA Impact Sheet. As a reminder, we have a template available for you customize the core functions with your local Council examples. If you are interested, please let me know. Each of these resources can be found on the ECCLA website too, except the core functions template.
Finally, there was a request for ECCLA to resend the report from Early Milestones Looking to the Past to Shape Colorado's Future: 30 Years of Progress for Young Children and Families. Further, if you’re interested the Penrose House is available for nonprofit and government agencies free of charge. More information on the booking process can be found HERE.
Enjoy perusing all these amazing resources! I’d love to hear in a few months how your Council is implementing the concepts shared by the trainers and presenters.
Heather Hanna, MPA
Director of Membership and Communication
Early Childhood Council Leadership Alliance (ECCLA)
Visit www.ecclacolorado.org to find your local Early Childhood Council and to learn more about the role they play in our local communities.