Thank you for a fantastic ECCLA meeting last week! As promised, I’m following up with information and presentations from the meeting. As a reminder, we will not hold an ECCLA meeting on July 19-20. We will provide extra hot topics calls and/or TA instead. Additional information on the Council Leadership Forum on September 6-7 will be provided later this summer. In the meantime, feel free to reach out to ECCLA staff for support and TA when needed.
- Upcoming Conferences: A brief resource on upcoming conferences. This was mentioned on Thursday morning and has been sent out a previous email. Attached.
- Child Care Deserts: This information was shared during our open forum on Friday morning. Resources include information released by OEC. Attached.
- Cooking Matters: The presentation and handouts are attached. Please contact Alexandra Lee, 303.801.0321, firstname.lastname@example.org. She can introduce you to the Cooking Matters contact in your community, share information about becoming a Cooking Matters train-the-trainer partner, or get you connected with the Cooking Matters for Child Care Professionals curriculum.
- Legislative Update: Sarah Barnes provided a comprehensive legislative update/recap from this year’s session. Attached.
- CCDF Webinar: If you were not able to join the webinar or would like to revisit, please find the information HERE.
- 2018 KIDS COUNT: Sarah Hughes provided a great presentation on this year’s KIDS COUNT data. Attached.
- Admin of the EQ Initiative in Local Communities: Lisa Matter provided the group with a presentation on EQIT. Attached.
- Infants/Toddlers Project: Jacy Montoya with the Children’s Campaign provided a brief overview of this new project, which includes a prenatal, infant, toddler coalition. Their first meeting is Monday, May 30 at Clayton Early Learning or there is a call in option. They are seeking Greater Colorado participation, as well as the Metro region. Register.
Heather Hanna, MPA
Director of Membership and Communication
Early Childhood Council Leadership Alliance (ECCLA)
Visit www.ecclacolorado.org to find your local Early Childhood Council and to learn more about the role they play in our local communities.