Thank you for a great ECCLA meeting last week! I hope many of you made it home safely before the winter storm. Our next meeting is May 16-17, 2019 at the Phillip S. Miller Library in Castle Rock.
As always, I'm following up with the information and presentations from the meeting. The meeting materials are referenced below and attached.
- Meeting Agenda
- ECCLA's Strategic Framework: We will incorporate feedback given during the meeting and provide a more finalized version soon. If you have additional feedback to share, please email Heather (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Early Childhood Health Outdoors (ECHO): Sarah Konradi (KonradiS@nwf.org) and Adrienne Sedlak (SedlakA@nwf.org) gave a fantastic presentation on the ECHO initiative (attached). Currently, they have an application live for child care providers to apply as a Seed Site (attached). I've asked for their research brief and toolkit. For more info on ECHO and the Seed Site Application visit: https://www.nwf.org/ECHO/Connect.
- T.E.A.C.H. Overview: Shannon Hall, ECCLA's new Manager of Scholarships provided a presentation on the T.E.A.C.H. program (attached). If you would like a presentation about T.E.A.C.H. in your local community, please email Shannon (email@example.com). In the coming weeks/months, ECCLA will provide shared messaging to consistently communicate about the program in your community.
- EC Framework Materials and Updates: Kristina Heyl from the ECLC provided printed materials to share with your community. We did not have any copies left over, but the materials are attached if you'd like to print. The prize drawing for five (5) community organizations from each Council has been extended until March. If you have any questions about materials or the website, please reach out to Kristina (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Office of Early Childhood Updates: The OEC team (Stacey, Heather, and Lindsey) provide a presentation detailing the Preschool Development Grant or PDG (attached).
- Council Impact Tool Discussion: Rick led a great data discussion and his presentation is attached. If you have data questions or follow up, please contact Rick (email@example.com).
- Piton Foundation EITC Program: Brooke Visser from the Piton Foundation provided a presentation on Get Ahead Colorado (attached). They have several FREE materials to share about the program with local families. If you would like customized flyers please let Heather (firstname.lastname@example.org) know and she will coordinate with Brooke. If you have have questions about the program, reach out to Brooke (email@example.com) or visit https://www.garycommunity.org/piton/eitc. The Get Ahead Marketing toolkit is attached and the video Brooke share can be accessed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR_Jxykr7RQ&t=1s.
- Statewide Education Sector Partnership: Tom Morgan and Fred Franko from the Colorado Department of Labor provided a short training/presentation on sector partnerships (attached). Also, attached is the sector partnership brochure that was shared during the presentation. For more information from the Colorado Workforce Council visit: https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/cwdc/education-sp.
- Denver's Early Childhood Sector Partnership: We learned about what an emerging Early Education Sector Partnership looks like from Kelly Bowles (KellyB@denverearlychildhood.org) at Denver's Early Childhood Council. Her slides are attached. Update: Kelly has shared the Denver Sector Early Education Partnership Kick-off summary (attached).
Other Information Shared:
- Legislative Bills: Please find attached the three bills supported by ECCLA. If your Council is interested in joining as a supporter, please contact the representative listed on the fact sheet.
- FCCH & Infant Care Strategic Plan
- EC District Fact Sheet
- Early Childhood Educator Tax Credit One Pager
- Colorado Children's Campaign's 2019 Legislative Priorities (attached)
- ECCLA's JBC Outreach Letter - 12/2018 (attached)
- ECSRLC Letter of Support 9.20.18 (attached)
- Colorado Health Foundation's Funding at a Glance (attached)
Thank you to our meeting sponsor: Lakeshore Learning!
The meeting was ended around noon after the majority of the group felt it would be beneficial to get on the road ahead of the storm. Therefore, we did not have community report out.
As a reminder, we are trying out a new meeting evaluation form that brief and designed to ensure our meetings are as valuable as possible. If you did not provide feedback and would like to do so, please share your thoughts with us HERE.
Heather Hanna, MPA
Director of Membership and Communication
Early Childhood Council Leadership Alliance (ECCLA)