Thank you for meeting with us. Attached is the Level 2 flyer.
Text for search (see actual flyer)
All licensed early learning programs join Colorado Shines at Level 1. Ready to move from Level 1 to 2?
Follow these steps to improve your quality level rating!
AS A LEVEL 1 PROGRAM, BE SURE YOU:
• Have a child care license in good standing with the State of Colorado.
• Register at ColoradoShines.com to receive Colorado Shines program log-in information via email.
• Log in to the program portal at ColoradoShines.com and customize your program's online profile.
TO MOVE TO LEVEL 2:
• Log in to the program portal at ColoradoShines.force.com/login. Go to the “Application”
tab to provide your program information.
• Complete Colorado Shines Professional Development Requirements:
- Ensure ALL program staff** register in the Professional Development Information System (PDIS).
- Ensure at least 75% of staff complete 10 Colorado Shines Level 2 Learning Courses.
• Complete the Level 2 Quality Indicator Program
Assessment (for Centers and Preschool Programs
only – Family Child Care Homes can skip this step).
• Complete the Quality Improvement Plan.
• Submit your application for Level 2 recognition.
CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE NOW A LEVEL 2 PROGRAM!
COLORADO SHINES PATHWAY TO A LEVEL 2 QUALITY RATING
PDIS Registration and E-learning courses
can be found at ColoradoShines.com
by clicking “Login To PDIS”
Need help? Your licensing specialist can support you onsite, by phone or by email. They can help you
create an online account; provide guidance on your application; review Level 2 quality indicators, your
Quality Indicator Program Assessment and your Quality Improvement Plan; and approve your Level 2
application once all criteria have been met.
For more information on moving from Level 1 to 2, contact the Colorado Shines Help Desk at 844-447-4441
For additional support, or to continue your quality journey to Levels 3-5, contact your Early Childhood
Council. A full list of Early Childhood Councils is available at coloradoofficeofearlychildhood.com.
* School Age Programs are not included in the Colorado Shines quality rating and improvement system.
** All staff who work directly with children need to register in PDIS.
SE2082_CDHS_Level1-2Flyer_OUT.indd 1 5/3/16 2:33 PM
Monica Carr, M.S.
Colorado Shines Quality Rating & Improvement System Coordinator